If you have any questions, please contact the Administrative office (817-275-7553 or email@example.com). Please download this Guidelines PDF for the complete information and instructions concerning this award.
- Submitting author must be the first author on the manuscript.
- 45 years of age or younger at the time of submission of their paper.
- The applicant must be an Active Member of the Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology.
- Be certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology or by the Ophthalmology Board of their respective country or be Board eligible. If no Board exists, they must be a member in good standing with a national ophthalmological society affiliated with the PAAO.
Exclusions: Optometrists and corporate employees may not apply for this award.
All application materials must be submitted through the paao.org website. Preferred language: English.
- Completed application form
- Letter of Interest (one page): Your statement of interest (in English) that explains why you are applying for this award.
- Letter of reference from the department head or program manager
- CV in English, including training information (medical degree: where and when; residency: where and when; fellowship(s): where and when), surgical experience (type and number of surgeries performed as both primary surgeon and assistant surgeon), and recent publications.
Please do not send videos, DVDs, books, published papers, or similar presentations. All submitted materials become the property of the Pan-American and cannot be returned. Failure to submit all requested materials can result in a delay in the review of the nomination.
General Criteria for Selection
- The award will be presented to the most original, previously unpublished paper on the subject of Cornea or Corneal Refractive Surgery (2023)