We only use information collected on the website for PAAO purposes. We deploy technology to protect the information you send us. Cookies are used to keep track of information to allow a better user experience and this information is kept confidential within the PAAO.
PAAO meetings, registrations and other transactions on network.paao.org
Third Party Websites
The PAAO endeavors to protect your email address from inappropriate use. The PAAO never shares email addresses. Users may opt-out of receiving future PAAO emails by emailing that request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policies Governing the Use of PAAO Email Addresses
The PAAO’s President and Executive Director may send out emails on behalf of third parties if the email and organization meet the following criteria:
- The PAAO determines if the use of email addresses is of benefit to its members and/or constituents.
- The content of every email correspondence is subject to advance approval by the PAAO.
- A sample of each intended email correspondence must be reviewed and approved by the PAAO.
- An entity other than the PAAO cannot use PAAO email addresses to create or update its own database. The email address list is the property of the PAAO and may not be duplicated or retransmitted or resold to a third party.
- PAAO email addresses will not be made available for any communication that, in the judgment of the PAAO, would tend to mislead, misinform, or deceive.
The website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Contacting the website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact:
The Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology
1301 S Bowen Road #450
Arlington, TX 6013