21 MAY 2022
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM ET/Miami
This year PARD will be virtual and after ARVO on 21 May 2022. Everyone presenting at ARVO is invited to share their research in a quick 5 minute format. This popular event will bring you up to speed on all the latest research in one day.
- It is FREE
- Saturday, 21 May 2022
- Anterior Segment Session: 9 AM – 12:30 PM ET/Miami
- Posterior Segment Session: 12:30 PM – 4 PM ET/Miami
- Virtual over Zoom
- Speaker application deadline is 15 April
In an effort to stimulate research at the Pan-American level and recognize the efforts of our young investigators, the Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology (PAAO) has been organizing the Pan-American Research Day, in conjunction with the important partnerships with the Association of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) and with Allergan Latin America, for the past several years and it has become an exciting tradition.
The best three works by reseachers under 40 in each group will receive a prize.
Registration to the next PAAO Congress, March 17-20, 2023 in Buenos Aires AND $250 USD cash!
The prizes are sponsored by the Arno Habicht Award for Research Sciences and the David & Molly Pyott Foundation. To be considered for a prize, you must be 40 years old or less and from the Americas, Spain or Portugal. No cash substitutions will be made on the Congress registration fee. Remember, one award per person. If you have already received an award from ARVO, you do not qualify for a PAAO prize. If you have already received a scholarship previously from the PAAO, you do not qualify. You must present your paper to win. No speaker substitutions will be allowed.
Co-Chairs, Organizing Committee
Lihteh Wu (Costa Rica)
Arturo Ramirez Miranda (Mexico)
Presentations at PARD
If you had a presentation accepted by ARVO, we hope you took advantage of the possibility to present your work at our PARD meeting. Due to the popularity of this event, we always receive more requests to present than there are time slots available, so there is a review and competitive selection process. The language for presentation is English.
Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology
ARVO and Allergan
2022 Meeting Recordings
Full Program (190 MIN)
Keynote: JOSE DE LA CRUZ (18 MIN)
Full Program (227 MIN)
Keynote: JOSE PULIDO (14 MIN)
Anterior Segment Session
From the Known Known to the Known Unknown and Beyond; Anterior Segment Imaging and its Impact on Cornea and Refractive Surgery
José de la Cruz, MD
- Practices in the Department of Ophthalmology at University of Illinois Health
- Chief resident of ophthalmology at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Trained at Harvard Medical School in Cornea and Refractive Surgery
- Fellowship in advanced refractive surgery at University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary in Chicago
- Secretary General of the International KPRO Study Group
- Editor of the first textbook published on keratoprothesis
Posterior Segment Session
The Who: “see me, feel me, touch me, heal me”
José S. Pulido, MD MS MPH MBA
- Larry A. Donoso, MD, PhD, JD, MBA, Endowed Chair
- Director of the Henry and Corrine Bower Memorial Laboratories for Traslational Medicine; Vickie and Jack Farber Vision Research Center at Wills Eye
- Professor, Department of Ophthalmology; Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
- Professor Emeritus, Departments of Ophthalmology and Molecular Medicine; Mayo Clinic
Check out the 2022 program
Moderators, Anterior Segment Session:
Erick Hernandez Bogantes (Costa Rica), Julio Hernandez Camarena (Mexico), Sandra Belalcazar (Colombia)
Moderators, Posterior Segment Session:
Francisco J. Rodriguez (Colombia), Ximena Mira (Mexico), Gabriela Lopezcarasa (Mexico), Marcelo Zas (Argentina)
Eduardo Viteri (Ecuador)