Paul Kayser/RRF Global AwardAPPLICATION FORM
Application submission deadline: December 1, 2022
The Paul Kayser/RRF Global Award is presented in recognition of outstanding achievement in visual science. The award will be split between the recipient of the award ($20,000) and the institution where the research is taking place ($30,000). The award will be presented at the Pan-American Congress in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in March 2023.
This award is funded by the Retina Research Foundation (RRF) of Houston, Texas.
If you have any questions, please contact the Administrative office (817-275-7553 or [email protected]). Please download the guidelines PDF for the complete information and instructions concerning this award.
- The applicant should be an MD or PhD with a focus on research in the visual sciences.
- The applicant should be between 35 to 65 years of age.
- The applicant must be an Active Member of the Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology.
Exclusions: Optometrists and corporate employees may not apply for this award.
All application materials must be submitted through the paao.org website. Preferred language: English.
- Completed application form
- Letter of Interest (one page): Your statement of interest (in English) that explains why you are applying for this award.
- Letter of reference from the department head or program manager
- CV in English, including training information (medical degree: where and when; residency: where and when; fellowship(s): where and when), surgical experience (type and number of surgeries performed as both primary surgeon and assistant surgeon), and recent publications.
Please do not send videos, DVDs, books, published papers, or similar presentations. All submitted materials become the property of the Pan-American and cannot be returned. Failure to submit all requested materials can result in a delay in the review of the nomination.
General Criteria for Selection
The award may be given to individuals who have made contributions in any one of the realms listed below:
- Developed new techniques accepted worldwide
- Discovery or evolution of new technology
- A new treatment modality
- Discovery of the etiology of a disease state
- Establishing new standards of quality of life due to innovation in ophthalmic care
- Breakthroughs in new approaches in genetic research, such as biological products, stem cells, genomics, and genetic therapies
- Collaborative multi-centered research breakthroughs
Paul Kayser/RRF Global Award Application Form
All travel, housing, and registration expenses shall be paid by the awardee. All tax liabilities (if any) shall be paid by the awardee unless otherwise required by law, in which case the taxes will be withheld from the award.
The awardee shall be required to submit to the Pan-American a full report and a copy of the Pan-American Congress