The Dr. Bronwyn Bateman PAAO Award for Women’s Leadership in Ophthalmology and Vision ResearchAPPLICATION FORM
Application submission deadline: December 1, 2022
The Dr. Bronwyn Bateman PAAO Award for Women’s Leadership in Ophthalmology and Vision Research is awarded to recognize female ophthalmologists for their local and international leadership and academic successes, as well as to elevate and support the nominee’s career goals. The $5,000 prize will be presented to the recipient of this award at the Pan-American Congress in Buenos Aires, March 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact the Administrative office (817-275-7553 or [email protected]). Also, please download the Guidelines PDF for the complete information and instructions concerning this award.
The nominee must
- be an Active Member of the Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology.
- be certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology or by the Ophthalmology Board of their respective country or be Board eligible. If no Board exists, they must be a member in good standing with a national ophthalmological society affiliated with the PAAO.
- be an ophthalmologist and shall have been in practice for at least five years following her final training period.
No self-nominations shall be accepted.
Exclusions: Optometrists and corporate employees may not apply for this award.
All nomination materials must be submitted through the paao.org website. Preferred language: English.
- Completed application form
- A narrative description (see guidelines)
- Copies of two most valued publications by the nominee.
- A minimum of three letters of reference
- Updated CV in English and digital headshot
- Thee personal statements (see guidelines)
Please do not send videos, DVDs, books, or similar presentations. All submitted materials become the property of the Pan-American and cannot be returned. Failure to submit all requested materials can result in a delay in the review of the nomination.
General Criteria for Selection
1. Nominees for the Award must be from the Americas, Spain, or Portugal, and must be a member in good standing of the PAAO.
2. The nominee must be an ophthalmologist and shall have been in practice for at least five years following her final training period (fellowship or post-doctoral training). There is no age limit.
3. The nominator must be an ophthalmologist and a member in good standing of the PAAO and must complete the official nomination form on behalf of the nominee.
Dr. Bronwyn Bateman PAAO Award for Women’s Leadership in Ophthalmology and Vision Research Nomination Form
All travel, housing, and registration expenses shall be paid by the awardee. All tax liabilities (if any) shall be paid by the awardee unless otherwise required by law, in which case the taxes will be withheld from the award.
The awardee shall be required to submit to the Pan-American a full report and a copy of the Pan-American Congress